This site was built with the intent of sharing electrical engineering projects and related engineering topics.
The site covers researching, designing, modeling, testing, and then manufacturing of various electronic projects of interest.
As I studied electronics I thought it would be nice to share the knowledge and outcomes. Plus, a few friends wanted to see videos and specs.
And, I believe that anyone can get a free education, today, with all the universities publishing their coursework and with very ssmart people publishing their works.
I wanted to be a part of that movement. Feel free to use any part of this site to further your learning.
These are all great references books. Over the years, these have become my "go to" books for circuit design and troubleshooting.
- Horowitz and Hill. The Art of Electronics. (1989). Cambridge University Press.
- Jeff Hecht. The Laser Guidebook (2nd Ed). (1992). McGraw Hill.
- Jeff Hecht. Understanding Lasers. (3rd Ed). (2008). IEEE Press.
- Edward L. Safford. The Fiber Optics and Laser Handbook. (1984). Tab Books.
- Delton T. Horn. The Laser Experimenter's Handbook. (2nd Ed). (1988). Tab Books.
- Chih-Tang Sah. Fundamentals of Solid State Electronics. (1991). World Scientific.
- DeFrance, J. J. General Electric Circuits. (2nd Ed.) (1976). Pages 132 to 146. Holt, Rinehart & Winston.
- Bob Pease. Troubleshooting Analog Circuits. (1991).
- Brown, Marty. Power Sources and Supplies. (2008) Newnes.
- Gottlieb, Irving M. Regulated Power Supplies. (1992). Tab Books.
- Brown, Marty. Power Supply Cookbook, 2nd Edition. (2001). Newnes.
- Lines, David. Building Power Supplies. (1997). Radio Shack.
- Matthew Scarpino. Designing Circuit Boards with Eagle. (2014) Prentice Hall.
Web Site References
Tools and Software Used
- Rigol DS1054 50MHz, 1G samples per second digital Oscilloscope
- BK Precision Digital Multi-meter
- Micronta Digital Multimeter
- Fluke 61 Infrared Thermometer
- Dr. Meter HY1803 Power Supply
- LTspice version 4.23b
- Eagle CAD version 7.3.0 schematic software
- SIMetrix 7.1 Electronic Simulation Software
May 22, 2017
Copyright © 2016 Jim Adams
Web Site Last Updated on 04/30/2017
This Web Site tested with Google Chrome, MS Edge and Safari